To begin with, Frankly, I am not much into writing. Even after having a sound family background of writing, I missed that part. I don't know why .. But today I decided, why not ... :)
Few birds decide to travel to heaven, because GOD told them, if you do so, you all will become "angels". They take it up and starts the journey. They all were enjoying flying high and exploring the sky. They kept going. They were enjoying every bit of the journey. After travelling for few months, they did not reach the heavn. They got disappointed. But To their surprise, they all became "angels" ... Why? because their journey towards heaven was a enjoyable experience.
I just remembered this story after giving the title .. Don't worry, I promise this is the only story and rest of all will be my experiences.
I still remember the day, when doctor told Namita , "Congratulations, Pregnancy Test is positive". Our joy was having no bounds. It was a moment that we both wanted to share together. We wanted to be with each other that day, but I had to go to the drama rehersals in the evening. I decided to call Sujay (who is director of the play) and told him the reason and said "Sujay, I cannot come for the practice session today" . He agreed to it. We spent that evening together. It was a wonderful evening. I was quite for few minutes and later released that I already started dreaming of our baby.
Then the day has come ... the first sonography test ..... I heard Baby's heartbits .. wow .. what a day ... That day I kept telling everybody that I heard the first breath of baby . Believe you me, its a wonderful feeling. After completing 3 months, one of the tests detected a low placed placenta (plz google for details) ... which requires a complete bed rest for Namita for 2-3 weeks . We again did the test after 3 weeks and it was all fine. Usshh !!!!
Time passed by, and It was a decision making day, we have to decide if we are planning to have delivery in Bangalore or in Kolhapur or in Pune. If any of the place gets decided other than Bangalore then I would have missed those days with my wife . We took the decision that she is going to be in Bangalore and both sides families supported our decision. It was good , but at the same time brave decision. But we decided to go through it together and enjoy the experience.
Trust me, it was not a cake walk. Every day was a teacher. Namita has been detected a gestational diabetes (which now they say is common in pregnancy) and she has to cut down on the intake of sweets, rice etc. Her diet intake was planned from 9.00 am to 11.00 pm . Also she has to take insulin injection twice a day. . She is strong and gutsy and that's why she has been able to cope up with all these things.
Delivery date was just one month away and one night suddenly Namita found very less movements by the baby inside. At 11.30 in the night we decided to go to the doctor. She examied her and told to perform NST test which plots the graph of baby's movements vs heart beat rate. We did that and found that it is as expected and nothing to worry about. Usshh !!!
We finalized on Apollo Hospital (opp to IIM-B) for the delivery. The main concern I was having is the distance from home and bangalore traffic. But we made a decision and later proved to be a good decision. Hospital is very good with all excellent facilites. The staff is alert and very responsive.
15 days before the delivery date, it was Saturday 14th April, Namita started some pains and we decided to admit her in the hospital. Again all the tests have been performed and found that baby's heartbeats crossed 175 (normal is 150) . Doctor told me that we should go for C Section on Sunday morning. 2 nurses were constantly monitoring Namita through out the night. They were monitoring Namita's Sugar level and Baby's heartbeats constantly.
Its rightly said, "What nurses do in shifts, nobody can do in lifetime".
The D day has come ... Just outside Operation Theatre I was with her. I was trying to speak to her but she just told me "Nikhil kahi bolu nakos" (Nikhil, don't say anything) and she started crying. Never ever in entire 9 months, she had a single drop in her eye, first time I saw Namita breaking down at the crucial stage. I think it was the silence outside the OT made her feel that way. I just told her don't worry everything will be alright.
At 7.36 in the morning, Nurse called me and told me that I am a Proud Father of a Baby girl .. Ohhhh ... God .... what a feeling ... what a feeling ... I rushed to the observation room and baby was right there ... Nurse was holding her and Baby was looking at me with dark, black eyes. I was in tears .. cann't handle so much joy .. Initially I didn't dare holding her .. but I made up my mind and after some time i was holding our bundle of joy ... a great day ... Namita was still in the OT and I insisted the nurse that I want to meet her. She told me that Namita is fine and you cann't meet her till she comes to the room .. I said nothing doing and I want to see my wife right now .. After few heated arguments, she asked the doctor and allowed me in the observation room ... After seeing Namita, I couldn't talk to her and we just kept looking at each other. No words exchanged, but lot has been said ....
This is the journey before parenthood and I have enjoyed every bit of it. And now I am even enjoying more, since our pillu is smiling, crying and listening to my stories everyday .. :)
Everybody supported us during this time, our parents, sisters , relatives, friends ... list is endless ...
It is the new begining now .......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
29 comments:
Nikhil,
Nice post - your emotions really come through which, according to me, is what writing is all about - so please continue to write. :)
I liked the title of your blog a lot - it is as if a father is more than a person - which is indeed the case. Often at times, we forget that fathers (and mothers) are no less than gods - atleast for their children - and your title serves well to remind us all of that simple truth.
Wish you all the very best on this journey and hope to hear more about it from you in the days and years to come - atleast till the time that Pillu is independent and you complete this beautiful journey. :)
Congrats to you and Namita once again. :)
Love,
Abhinav
Loved reading it through...
Thank you very much for sharing the joyful moment of your life.
Congratulations to both of you.
Happy journey ..:)
cheers,
--Ashish
Hey Nikhil,
Khara saangu tar tya diwshi tujha SMS pahila ani tujha chehra dolya samor ubha rahila...and i am sure majha andaaz chukla nahi...its evident from the blog!
congrats all the best to you and namita!
Neeraj.
:) chhan lihiles .. Kandy ajun ek manus sapdala manpasun lihinara..
Great my dear brother ! Very well said ! The feeling is so lovely and heavenly and out of the world. I experienced it when i saw rhea the first time in a tray screaming at the top of the voice and big eyes looking out for something.... or rather somebody.
When a child is born he/she has come out from a secured surrounding in the unsecure world. The only people or creature that the child can possibly connect to is her mother and later father. Take good care of this darling 'cos these are the moments you will cherish for the rest of your life. Mark my words - you will recollect these moments at the time of her wedding....!!! You will say Anju tai kiti pudhacha boltiye. But i am 11 years more experienced than you in this case. Treasure every moment and you will soon find your treasure box overflowing with memories !!!!
Hearty Congratulations to Namita and you once again and may you be great parents of whom your baby- doll will be proud of one day !!!!
Love,
Anjutai
Very well written. I lived through those days again :)
Welcome to the journey of discovering something new every second. It is a contineous discovery new reservoirs of patience,love and passion. You will be really surprised that you had all this in you.
Congratulations to both of you again.
And of course, congratulations on the birth of yet another one in family: a new writer is born :)
Mitraa,
dolyaat paaNi aaNales... pharach chaan lihale ahes. You are very good actor, a great friend, I am sure you will be great dad, with this writing I am seeing new writer born... :)
Keep writing...
- Sagar
Nikhil, as Abhinav Goyal rightly says, your emotions really come through in this blog...an experience to remember for a long time to come! :) i was so engrossed while reading that at the end i realised i was in tears! :) congrats to u and Namita once again! :)
Regards,
Priti, Kaustubh
hey bro i know u r a truly emotional guy and ur writing shoe=ws it all. well lots of love to u , namita nad my sweetie neice. all the best to u guys in future. our koranne family is growing man!!!!!!!And what can i say abt ur writing i know where it comes from this will surely make kaku proud!!!!!!Cheers mate
Dear Nikhil,,,,,,,,,
There are no words for me to describe how I am feeling right now. I am so happy and proud that my little sister got such a wonderful and caring husband- beleive me all these nine months- I missed being with her so much- but your writing made me live all those moments with her- I was feeling as if I was right there - seeing you both. Take care of the little pari - these sweet little angels - are the most beautiful and wonderful gift which god has given us. I wish all the three of you lots lots lots and lots of happiness..........
too good, too good, you are writing very well, actually i felt like i was reading one of the seasoned authors,
and about the content, what else to say, i am no more able to see the screen properly because of that thin film of water in front of my eyes,
and once again hearty congratulations to you both for becoming a zillionare(each one of you)..... :)
Hey Niks ;
mitra, Dolyatun paaNi kaDhales mazya...
tu kiti haLawaa aaNi kaLaji gheNaraa aahes he mee jaaNun aahe, aaNi tech hya likhaNaat disun aaley.
maazi "chimaNi" khoop lucky aahe tila asaa "baba" miLala tte.
"chimaNi"la jagaatil sarva sukhe tumhi doghe dyaalch.
manaapasun magaNe devakaDe hech kee teela tyaachi jaaNiv kaayam asavi aaNi yashachi uttung shikhare teene gaThaveet.
chimaNicha
- mandarkaka
Nice write up Nikhil! :)
Nothing else to comment... but it seems like you have passed a screen-test for the most challenging role in real life. Like screen-tests you have penned down all the anxious feelings, those dreamy moments. But as you do in the stage performance ( post the screen-test) you will rise up to the challenge, enjoy playing the role, and get accolades too :)
For Namita...she has a big role cut out too. You guys seem to have gone through a lot in this phase gone by (yea, Namita right.. what an understatement I made:) ) but what best that you get to enjoy the larger and remaining part of the challenge that life has offered. And I onl wish it's loads of fun and exciting times for the new lil family. :)
It's one helluva long 'play' ahead.. we are just gonna be around and see you through it.. but rest the script, direction,lights,set, costumes etc. "sabeee tum logon ko isch karnekaa hain Baap!!"
:))
Dear Nikhil,
I am really very happy for you for this moment of your life. Truly there are no words which can gauge your happiness , but what makes a difference is you expressed your feelings and I am sure Namita and the baby will be on the ninth cloud when they know how expressive you are, in addition to what they already know of how loving and caring you are.
Congratulations again to u and Namita.
P.S :- I had never written so much , so you can guess how inspiring your writing is. :-) keep it up :-)
Nikhil,
Very Nice!
It is really touching, especially when we have gone through the same stage we can understand what it is.
You have proved yourself as a perfect husband and i am sure you will prove youuself as a perfect father as well.
Good Luck to you and Namita!!
Great! Congratulations to you two and all at home as well. Indeed a fantastic start to your blog!
I shall be watching your blog for more posts as well as the photos. Have you thought of a name for her?
Mind blowing Nikhil.
First of all congrats to both of u.
What a post !!!
Always knew of u as a good friend, a gr8 husband but this side of urs (writing) came as a pleasant surprise.
I could pictorate all the incidences described by you.
U really brought tears in eyes...
Do keep posting...
Lots of love and blessing to the little one....
Cheers,
Pallavi.
Hi Bro ....All ur emotions fall short of ur greatest bundle of joy...the little one.
Much has been said on parenting and the related joys but to experience it is a different high all together.
I cant wait to meet you !
Regards ....Rohan & Leena
Kaka & Kakau
Hi Nikhil .....
Lot has been said on parenting and what a bliss it is , but to experience this is a different high all together .....
cant wait to meet you ....
rohan & leena
Nikhil (ata dinglya mahanlyaa laaj watat aahe)
First things first..Congrats to you and Namita. Those are some really cute pictures you have on orkut.
I cannot say it any less number of times than already expressed by others before me, that it was a wonderful experience reading the post. I felt it was too short and cannot wait to hear about more details. It must feel out of this world standing where you are right now.
So do not let minor things like earning money affect your writing and keep us all posted regularly
-
C
It is not just mere reading - when going through the lines - i could actually visualise how things moved around you and namita and when the new life into this world from the safe and secure of mother....and the visit yesterday said it all. Congratulations to you both and to the baby for having such lovely parents. Loads of luv - to Nani :-)
khup chaan lihile ahe nikhil:)
when feelings r genuine..
word decor doesnt matter.
n such kinds of write up r great pleasure to read:)
keep it up
once again congrats to both of u:)
with a pleasant experience of first , when is the next coming :-)
Hey Nikhil,
I just happened to stumble on your blog. Lovely read.
Cheers,
rags
great reading - we relived the experience of birth of Asawari and home coming of Dhrupad.
Aditi-Ratnesh
Nikhil,
Really it's a great feeling and i think you write very well. I was feeling almost same.
Very well expressed!..bharun ala vachtana and almost lived the moment with you and Namita! :) SO GLAD TO HAVE MET YOU THREE!.. Loads of love and thanks a lot for sharing it :)
Post a Comment